Lastest days I've been busy coding a demo of a "screen space terrain". There isn't geometry here, only heightmaps. A grid is projected over a plane by a projector camera (in red). At now I'm trying to fix vertex interpolation and making a more better projector. Frame rate is constant because the projected grid has the same size along the scene.
When I finish it, I'll upload a demo with full source code.
lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2008
My current distro is xubuntu 8.10, but it could be apply to
an older xubuntu 8.04, kubuntu, and ubuntu distributions:
1. Install ubuntu
2. Install ndiswrapper from cd instalation folder. Click over this two files:
3. Copy your ".inf" file from SMC driver CD to a local folder.
4. Type this into console (changing your name and driver name, of course):
ndiswrapper -i /home/user_name/xxxxx.inf
5. NOTE: You could be use ndisgtk also, and remember that if your ubuntu
runs at 64bit you need the 64 bit driver (xp64 for example).
6. Type sudo gedit /etc/network/interfaces
7. Copy and paste this into file:
iface lo inet loopback
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
pre-up ifconfig wlan0 up
pre-up iwconfig wlan0 essid WLAN_20
pre-up iwconfig wlan0 key s:'C1131DA6BFB21'
8. NOTE: Change 'WLAN_20' to your wireless name and 'C1131DA6BFB21' to your WEP password.
9. Save file changes and reboot
10. Open firefox and type www.google.com :)